It's the most important anti-ageing product you can ever wear and protects your skin from harmful UVA and UVB rays, so you need to be wearing it.
Sunscreens are an absolute skincare essential all year round, but especially in summer. By safeguarding your skin against damaging UV rays, your complexion will stay healthier, more plumped up and radiant for longer and will also help to prevent premature ageing and hyper-pigmentation.
Please note that when you use products based on benzoyl peroxide to protect your skin extra. BP will destroy the natural skin protection causing sun burns and hyperpigmentation scars which could take years to disappear.
But for those with especially oily or combination skin, applying a sun cream alongside your regular moisturizer can cause your skin to become more oily and breakout. And breakouts can seriously affect your self-confidence and leave anyone feeling a little down. A strong(er) microbiome could prevent a lot.
As every persons skin is different you need to try different sunscreens to find one that suits your skin. And please don’t forget that a fake tan doesn’t give you any natural protection! You still need a sunscreen to protect against sun burn.
Underneath some tips to find the best product for your skin.
1. MINERAL BASED For those with sensitive skin, chemical-based sunscreens can cause breakouts and irritation, so using a mineral one could help to reduce the chances of your skin become aggravated.
2. NON-COMEDOGENIC Those of us with a blemished and acne-prone skin may struggle to find a product that doesn’t cause spots or blemishes. Search for the text: non-comedogenic on the packaging so the sunscreen won’t clog your pores.
3. FACE MISTS As it’s invisible, it feels weightless and mists over the skin completely dry. This makes it ideal for those who like to wear a little makeup in the day, but want to make sure their skin remains protected, as it can be used both under and over cosmetics.
4. OIL BASED A lot of people with acne skin would find products with oil can cause more problems. It might clog pores which you absolutely don’t want.
5. MIX YOUR SUNSCREEN Mix equal parts of your favorite SPF50 into your favorite moisturizer or foundation for a Broad Spectrum boost! It’s something you need to try to find the correct protection and prevent sun damage.
Remember, the best way to protect your skin is avoid UVA and UVB rays. Always apply sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher. Make sure it’s good quality and don’t forget to reapply!
And always enjoy the sun and people around you.
Anna is Clear Happy Skin, Happy Life